Summer is the perfect time to explore new and exciting ways to prepare and consume salads. There are literally dozens of fruits, vegetables, and herbs that are in season over the summer months making it even easier to incorporate different types of delicious and nutritious ingredients into your salads.
I don’t know about you… but in my life summer = salads! I can’t get enough. Potato salads, pasta salads, fruit salads, vegetable salads, and even combination salads.
Salads are great all year around, but make wonderful, healthy additions at summer parties and cookouts.
The following list of 25 recipes is comprised of the fruits, vegetables, and, and herbs that are seasonal to the summer.
25 Salads of Summer
- Rainbow Salad
- Lemon Cannellini Bean Salad
- Fresh Corn Salad
- Grilled Vegetable Salad
- Kiwi and Watermelon Salad
- Yellow Bean Salad
- Almond Citrus Couscous
- Tennessee Style Mustard Coleslaw
- Tangerine and Jicama Salad
- Blackberry, Spinach, and Feta Super-food Salad
- Mexican Fruit Salad
- Watercress & Edamame Salad with Quinoa
- Zesty Black Bean and Brown Rich Salad
- Mediterranean Lentil Salad
- Broccoli Salad
- Luscious Beet Salad
- Bell Pepper Salad
- Summer Corn Salad
- Raw Zucchini Salad
- Roasted Asparagus, Avocado, and Arugula Salad
- Kale, Fennel, and Apple Salad
- Mango, Cherry, Avocado Salad
- Chinese Cabbage Salad
- Roast Cherry Salad
- Blueberry Corn Salad
The following is a list of fruits, vegetables, and herbs that are considered popular in the summer. Take a look and maybe you can come up with your own salad recipe for the summer of 2013.
Let me know if you have any great summer salad recipes to share… or if you happen to experiment with one of the recipes from today’s list!
Bell & Sweet Peppers
Chickpeas (garbanzo beans)