* Two 6.5-ounce cans of minced clams
* Lowfat cooking spray
* 2 medium stalks celery, chopped
* 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
* 1 small onion, chopped
* One 8-ounce can of clamato juice (combination of clam and tomato juice)
* 2 cups of red potatoes, chopped
* 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* Fresh ground pepper, to taste
* One 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
1.Drain the clams but reserve the juice from the cans into a measuring cup and if necessary, add water until you have 1-1/2 cups of liquid, then set aside.
2.Spray a large saucepan with lowfat cooking spray. Raise heat to medium-high heat then sauté celery, carrot, and onion until crisp-tender (about 3-4 minutes.)
3.Stir in reserved clam juice, canned clamato juice, potatoes, thyme, cayenne and black pepper. Raise heat to bring to boiling then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
4.Add the tomatoes and minced clams, raise heat again to bring to boiling then reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes before serving.