Potato Salad is able to trace its origins to Germany before the turn of the 17th century, where it first became popular to use vinegar and spices on the potato as side to a meal. The salad has a bite to it and is served warm as often as not.
2 pounds of potatoes
6 slices of bacon
1/2 cup of onion
2 tablespoons of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of celery seed
2 hard boiled eggs
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup of vinegar
1 cup of water
1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Cook bacon strips, cut into small pieces and set aside for later.
2. Boil potatoes for 5-10 minutes, or until softened and cut into small chunks.
3. Place potatoes in a large bowl and let them come to room temperature.
4. In a bowl combine flour, celery seed, parsley, salt and pepper.
5. Pour the water and vinegar into a pot, stir in sugar. Add the dry mixture and stir until thick.
6. In the original bowl place potatoes and bacon, pour on thick mixture.
7. Break apart eggs and stir lightly into the bowl to combine.
8. Place in large serving bowl and sprinkle with paprika.